Youth Advisory Council
Want your voice heard at the library? Join the TBPL Youth Advisory Council (YAC)!
- To encourage teens to use the library and raise awareness of the library and its resources among teens
- To provide a youth perspective on library services
- YAC membership is a great addition to resumes, college and university applications
- Complete required volunteer hours for graduation while gaining valuable leadership and volunteer experience and a professional reference from the Youth Services Librarian
- Contribute to the community and meet like-minded youth
What will you do?
- Provide input on planning of youth programs and purchasing of youth library materials
- Visit Chapters to pick out books to add to the library collection
- Support library staff in making the library collections, events, and space welcoming and inclusive to teen patrons
- Provide guidance for TBPL's online presence, including social media and our blog
Upcoming Meetings & Programs:
Wednesday January 10 @ 6:30-8pm
De-Stress Fest: Wed Jan 31 @5pm
Wednesday February 14 @ 6:30-8pm
Wednesday March 7 @6:30-8pm
Harry Potter Movie Marathon & Fandom Frolic: Monday March 12
For more information, email Laura at tbpl%23ca|lprinselaar
What do past YAC members say about their experience?
I made a lot of new friends. It's cool to talk to other nerds.
It's fun and a great way to be involved in the community.
I really enjoy taking part in the meetings.
[My favourite part was] the honest conversations.
I really enjoyed talking about big issues, like Freedom to Read Week and sexism in YA literature.
I liked that we didn't just talk about books, but other issues in our community/world.